Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
70 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 7MIUI 2016I Love 2016UEFA EURO MedalMIUI 9

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] How-to flash TWRP & root your Redmi Note 3G MIUI 8 - Simple and neat with SS

[ Promote]
211414 5828 |
15:49, Aug-14-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by zFaisal at 20:15, Aug-25-2016

UPDATE: Working perfectly on MIUI V7.1 & V7.2 (Both stable & developer ROMs).
UPDATE #2: Perfectly working on MIUI V8 (Both Global Stable & Beta ROM), tested on my Redmi Note 3G with MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM V8.0.1.0.
Edit (17.04.2016):
Oh my MI! I never expected this post to be such a hit on the forums, thank you guys so much for the tremendous support and love. Love you MI & the entire MI community, each one of you.
Edit (25.08.2016):
For those who would like to upgrade to a newer TWRP (TWRP 3.0.2-0), here's the thread by Matru:
http://en.miui.com/thread-318309-1-1.html
(Just install TWRP 2.8.7 that is provided in my tutorial below and then update to TWRP 3.0.2-0 from the recovery itself).

Hey everyone,
This is my first ever thread on MIUI forums and I am posting it because I think a lot of people are having hard time flashing a custom recovery on their phone and even rooting their phones.

Note: This is for Redmi Note 3G (Global) only.
Tested on: MIUI V6 (Global) and it works perfectly!

So, cut to the chase and let's start right ahead.

Thing you'll need (All the files are available for download in a single rar file compresed by me to make it easy):

• Xiaomi USB Driver or VCOM Driver (Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10)
  • SP Flash Tool (works on all windows)
  • Recovery(Stock,TWRP,CWM)

Here is the rar that includes TWRP 2.8.7 (with material theme), SP Flash Tool & Root files:
Please note: Everything is properly arranged so you don't have to go lookin for files here and there, don't worry it's really easy.
Also note: NONE OF THIS IS MY WORK, ALL CREDITS GOES TO THEIR ORIGINAL CREATOR(s), THANKS TO THEM, I AM JUST SHARING.
NOTE: THIS INCLUDES SP TOOLS, TWRP & ROOT FILES (39MB):
  Please reply to view this thread.

NOTE: THIS INCLUDES ONLY TWRP & ROOT FILES (12MB):
  Please reply to view this thread.

After you have downloaded all the things stated above, follow the next step:

We first need to install the VCOM drivers on our pc, for that there is a comprehensive guide on this link, follow it, it's really simple.

http://thebroodle.com/android/install-mediatek-mt65xx-usb-vcom-drivers-windows-8-8-1/
(Hint: The download for the VCOM drivers is on there too ^)

After succesfully installing the drivers, we'll first install the custom recovery.

INSTALLING THE CUSTOM RECOVERY - TWRP 2.8.7

First,
Unrar the rar file that I provided, you'll see two folders and one another rar file in it.

Second, Open the SP flash tool folder and open the file flash_tool.exe and you'll see something like in the SS(screenshot) below:

Step one.jpg

Third, Click on the scatter-loading button on the right side and locate the file MT6592_Android_scatter.txt in the TWRP 2.8.7 folder.

step two.jpg

Fourth, You'll see the program load all the scatter files and also self-checked the recovery check-box, if that happens, that means you have been successful so far. Congratulations!

Fifth and probably the last step for custom recovery installation, Now, take your Redmi Note 3G and switch it off and keep it aside for a moment. Go back to the SP Tools program and hit the download button that is on the near-top. Once done that, the program will look for your phone. Connect your switched-off Redmi Note 3G to the PC with a working cable (I recommened the original Xiaomi cable) and when that's done, the program will automatically install the recovery into the phone, you'll see a Yellow line at the button and when all is done, you'll see a green check box, big one.

If you see the green check box, congratulations my friend, you have just flashed the TWRP (according to this tutorial) custom recovery in to your phone. I told you it was simple.
Note: You can check the new recovery by turning on the phone by holding the volume up button ( I know it's volume down button + power button but it didn't work for me, idk why) + power button, and you'll successfully boot into the recovery!
Also note: Phone may take 2-3 minutes to boot up for the first time, no worries.

ROOTING YOUR DEVICE

If you have successfully flashed your phone with a custom recovery, then trust me, this is more simple than that.

First, Connect your phone to the pc and copy the file BETA-SuperSU.rar (it is there in the rar file provided by me) into your SD CARD(external memory), and then switch off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
Hint: Best way to boot into recovery mode while phone is on is go to the updater app, drop down the menu button, and select boot into recovery, and voila!.

step three.jpg

Second, now that you have booted into your recovery mode, for instance, TWRP, follow these steps and you'll be fine:
  • Click Install
  • Click Select Storage and Select sdcard and hit ok
  • Find the file "BETA-SuperSU.zip"
  • Finally, Swipe to Install!

Congratulation my dear friend, You have just rooted your Redmi Note 3G!
Hint: When you turn on your phone, you'll have SuperSU app installed which means, you were successful.

Thanks to all the original creators of the files/programs I mentioned above.

None of the above is my work and I am not claiming any credit for it, either.

Also, I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone.

This is my first-ever thread on MIUI forums, please say thanks if I helped.

All questions are welcomed and I'll try my best to answer.

Cheers!

Favorite55 Share

Rated by 24 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

electroperfarat + 1 Thanks!
4and + 1 Agreed!
omas0402 + 1 Agreed!
saeeshaurya1902 + 1 Awesome!
casibao + 2 Great!
戰士69 + 1 Thanks!
andrey@records + 1 Great!
bal8tazar + 1 Great!
ibnufatkhu + 1 Thanks!
kyhavoc + 1 Great!
Ryoga20 + 1 Thanks!
+79639565511 + 1 Great!
Dasari5 + 1 Thanks!
chikoo123 + 5 Awesome!
Samyadeep + 1 Fantastic!
GieVieAlva + 1 Great!
llwydarth + 1 Fantastic!
valimot + 1 Great!
harimau + 2 Thanks!
SiputHijau + 1 Awesome!
fbxiaomi + 1 didn't work for me, but seem to work for
BE_Ang + 2 Thanks!
SSKANUNGO + 1 Fantastic!
cloudmah90 + 10 + 1 Great!

Experience +40  Prestige +1  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Online time
16 Hours
Send PM
20:38, Aug-14-2015 | From PC
|

troubleshooting

This post was edited by fbxiaomi at 22:51, Aug-17-2015

testing

--- failed at downloading the recovery.img into the phone

PMT changed for the ROM; it must be downloaded
(http://en.miui.com/thread-78047-1-1.html)

------- can't seem to find a solution :(

----------------------- couple of days later. still not working, however I passed the pmt problem by downloading a different version  of sp flash tools
                                         (see this post on xda: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2650125
)
                           the downloading does now succeed, I get a green flag and reboot, when I then go into recovery, I still find the stock recovery 2.01

I tried to follow some other people's advise to download a signed version of twrp, (this post), but the result is still the same.

For those with my same problem:
Someone suggested to downgrade to v5, and reupgrade to v6 with a modified rom where you previously disabled the "install recovery" script. I can't find that post, but I can understand the logic and I believe that could work.
However, some users reported problems in doing so, and last thing I want is to brick my phone while running a rom version that is not yet fully rootable/customizable and in general not fully understood by the gurus, as this one seem to be :(

*********************************************************************************************************
SOLUTION FOUND!
This method worked for me:                     
en.miui.com/thread-141184-1-1.html

As he says, this is essentially
sepneela's method, just explained better :D

***********************************************************************************************************

Thank you to the author of this post too, unfortunately it didn't work for me, but I see many people had it working :)

Credits
Device
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM
01:46, Dec-16-2015 | Via mobile
|
Why security app of miui 7 dont have the root permission option in Permissions

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3G
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
13:29, Aug-20-2015 | From PC
|
it works perfectly on my divice.... if some one want to do this must read the instruction carefuly step by step..thks bro for sharing its owesome...

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
19:25, Aug-15-2015 | From PC
|
hope it works

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
16:23, Aug-14-2015 | From PC
|
awesome

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
325 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi BandXiaomi 6 LaunchUnlock MedalYeelight Bedside LampMi Power StripMi Bluetooth SpeakerMagic CubeMi KeyFlashholicI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 7MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowFantastic!MIUI 6MIUI 2015MIUI 2016Redmi Note 3Mi NoteMi 4iRedmi 2Redmi Note 2Redmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Pokemon Master MedalXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan from IndiaHilal Ramadan 700K Forum Members800K Forum Members600K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Singapore1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From IndonesiaRocket to Future3 Million Forum App InstallsOlympics MedalI Love 2016Puzzle Master2014 ChristmasMIUI 2017MIUI 9Thanksgiving DayMIUI Font LoverMerry Christmas1 Million Forum App Installs1400K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 6th Anniversary500K Forum MembersDiwali Happy DiwaliGamer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamXiaomi 8th AnniversaryStar WarsMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalTheme TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Scroll Of WisdomMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi TalentUpdates LoverAndroid ElfInbox ZeroDebate MasterYouth PledgeAndroid Guru2017 Annual AwardsMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyTechnology Guru

16:24, Aug-14-2015 | From PC
|
Try First

Credits
Device
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
18:16, Aug-14-2015 | From PC
|
Thankx for such a good resource

Credits
Device
Online time
28 Hours
Send PM
19:16, Aug-14-2015 | From PC
|
Thanks

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3G
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
20:14, Aug-14-2015 | From PC
|
Let me check

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
15 Hours
Send PM
21:41, Aug-14-2015 | From PC
|

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
23:16, Aug-14-2015 | From PC
|
thanx

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
47 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeFantastic!MIUI 6Awesome!MIUI 8MIUI 7Redmi NoteRedmi Note 2Mi 4iMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users700K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnyMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverHumor MasterDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverMIUI Medals CollectorMi TalentMIUI Follower

23:43, Aug-14-2015 | From PC
|
nice dude!

will try this soon!
LEARNING BY DOING

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list